Triumphant Return - delta_november
Aug. 16th, 2008
08:19 pm - Triumphant Return
I returned yesterday from my conference in Logan, Utah, and am slowly decompressing to the point of being able to write about it. It was a good year, but very intense. The accumulated sleep-debt is comparable only with that found teaching at Shad. I'm glad I only have to do this once a year.
- Late night / early morning level 3* chats with kd. I don't get to see her often, and I'm very happy that things worked out so that she could come this year.
- Watching the Perseid meteor shower with clear and dark skies. The meteors themselves were few, but the sky perfect. Any night that I can see the Milky Way is a good night.
- Being chair of one of the technical sessions. The execution of this was uneventful, but it was an honour to have been asked.
- Being interviewed by Space News. I shall report any stories that result.
- A potential piece of work from a customer. I left with a specification written on the back of a business card: "Best fucking design ever." I hope this works out, as that will be a fun piece of kit to build.
- Winning about a quarter of the work detailed here. That's exactly the right number -- enough to keep me busy, but not enough to kill me.